Every project is unique, irrespective of its quantity or reward. And when it comes to the making of furniture and repair of automobiles then it’s more demanding, how?
Having got a large number of works to do within a short time-frame, of course, what can make your work pretty fast and attractive is power tools. Power tools help you to save more and reduce stress/fatigue, and trust me, using quality impact driver is what you really need to attain the peak of your desired comfort.
Having seen needs to upgrade from a mere home developer to an expert, it may interest you to resolutely inquire for the best product(s) that will suit each task, right?
Furthermore, we have come to understand that this Dewalt power tool is one of the most dependable power tools you can find in the market.
Are you a novice to what impact driver is all about? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. An impact driver is a kind of power tool that drives screw, drill, and fastening of bolts. Also, it’s used for countersinking. Trust me, unlike many products, with the use of Dewalt drivers, you’ll encounter fewer cam-outs while working.
Wait! Does it mean that the Dewalt impact drivers are absolutely flawless? Of course, no! As you might have presumed, this review provides you with eight different Dewalt products that vary in their features, cost, and designs.
So, we enjoin you to fasten your belt as to get the best among the products that will be listed. But before then, let’s check how to use Dewalt impact driver effectively.
Top 8 Dewalt Impact Drivers in 2018 – Reviews and Comparisons:
How to Use a Dewalt Impact Driver – 5 Points to Consider:
The Dewalt Company is majorly known for the production of power tools including impact drivers. The Dewalt products are made of yellow and black colors. Despite the fact that every impact driver (brushed motor) is widely known to be noisy, the Dewalt impact drivers make less noise compared to other products.
So, provided you’ve not used an impact driver before now, here are tips on how you can successfully use this powerful tool.
1. Personal Preparation
- Just like the basic demand from industrial workers, it’s expected that you wear your water-proof hand gloves, boots, spectacles and hard wears.
- Ensure that the workshop is far away from public areas.
- Make sure that both the work tool and workpieces are not laid in the midst of footpaths so that the grits and the sharp materials will not injure you or anyone unknowingly.
- Get a large bowl or container that you can put in the screws and petite materials.
- Have a definite purpose of what you’re about doing. In other words, sketch out (measurement especially) all you need to do on a piece (paper) before working on your workpieces.
2. Preparation of Tools
- This power tool provides you with hexagonal collet of ¼” drive for the easy change of bits.
- Get the bits with the hexagonal shank; and choose the bit which shape tally to the piece that you plan to work upon.
- Make your measurement on the workpiece.
- Ensure that the model you intend using is well cleaned as to help in convenient changing of bits.
- Make available the bit set, prepare/mark workpiece and wipe.
3. Positioning of Bits
The bit is the major accessory that’s used by impact drivers. Bits can be of different sizes and shapes, it’s majorly used for loosening and tightening of screws. Of course, experts know quite alright that what courses cam-out is as a result of the improper fixing or insertion of bits, especially the bits made of hexagonal ¼” drive.
‘So, how can one insert bits?’ It’s paramount you observe if the bit shank is hexagonal. Once that’s confirmed, the insert it and turn/twist it clockwise until it’s permanently fixed.
After you had done that, beat the outer part of the bit to confirm its sturdiness. If it wobbles or moves very fast, then it means the bit is not well fixed, so you’ve to try again and again until it’s fixed.
The battery is one of the essential components/ determinants. The usefulness of batteries can’t be over-emphasized especially when carrying out construction projects. That’s why the recently produced driving power tool by Dewalt Corporation got you covered with Lithium Ion batteries which have longer run time.
The Lithium-Ion battery helps you to work a minimum of 5-6 hours none stop. And in order for the power tool to be used, the battery must be fixed.
All you have to do is to ensure that the battery is fully charged before inserting it under the grip. Immediately you’re done with the insertion, turn the machine on by the flank. Use the attached metal at the side to tighten the battery.
5. Dismantling All Accessories
Provided you’re done with the use of the power tool, switch it off (read the manual to know what each button is used for). Detach the battery after you had released the metallic clip at the side.
After you had removed the battery, begin to twist the bit anticlockwise as to remove the bit. Although the Dewalt impact driver is usable in all weather, yet it’s expected that its pieces should be kept in a cool and safe place for long use.
8 Benefits of Using Best Dewalt Impact Driver:
1. 3 Years Warranty
The Dewalt Corporation backs all their products up with three years warranty and three months refund. In other words, your money will be refunded thirty days if you’re not satisfied with any of their products.
And provided you’re purchased from any of the registered distributors anywhere in the world, you can return it if you don’t appreciate the performance of the product that you’ve purchased.
2. Multi-Purpose Use of ¼” Hex Chuck
Although most of these drivers’ chuck has a drive size of ¼” hex. Nevertheless, you can use impact drivers that users can conveniently fix bits or drill which shank is from the range of ¼” to 1 inch. In other words, you can use bits of variable drive sizes for most of the drivers.
Of course, work tool users can’t predict how or where their next work would be, and it’s expected that a professional handyman should be expectantly prepared. That’s why these products with 3 LED light should be used, as it produces more illusion while working in tight and dark regions.
Most drivers (especially the one listed below) are compact. The compactness that these products possess gives room for the versatile use of the drivers. It helps users to freely work on any work-field.
These power tools are well shielded by metals that are not vulnerable to rust. In fact, it can withstand a high external pressure that can cause it to break. This makes it work flawlessly while using it on metal or any hard surface.
The construction of these products is intriguing as they are all made of rubberized grip. The rubberized grip has strips which help in disallowing the slippery of palm. Of course, users can easily sit-down the tools as they all have ergonomic features.
The Dewalt Company has become a household name among multinational manufacturing companies in the world. Apart from the fact that they produce quality power tools at affordable prices yet their products are available worldwide.
Are you in search of products that you can purchase and suitably fit any budget? If yes! Then, you can always depend on Dewalt products that are highly reliable.
Our Picks of 8 Best Dewalt Impact Drivers:
1. DEWALT DC825B
If you’re a customer who prefers to use one machine for almost every work, then this product is not for you, as it’s strictly made of drive size of ¼” hex. However, provided you need an impact driver that is less than $100 that is capable to maximize your convenience while working, then this bare-tool is what you sincerely need.
You can use socket adapter with this, instead of the impact wrench. In other words, you can comfortably use it for both metallic and wooden surfaces. It delivers a torque of over 1,330 in-lbs and it uses 2 variable speeds.
Several users have reviewed this Dewalt model to have less effect on tendon and ligament when using it has the vibration is within the unit only and it’s absolutely easy to control the speed. Also, the compactness and the availability of its LED light of the machine make it dependable to use it in tight areas at any given period of time.
- The dimension of this product is 5.8 x 6.7 x 4.1 inches and weigh 2.2pounds.
- This 18volt impact driver is battery powered.
- The 2 variable speeds of this products are 0-2,400 RPM and 0-2,700 IPM.
- This bare tool impact driver is cordless.
- It uses magnesium gear case for durable/longevity purposes.
- It can be used for automotive repairs and furniture works.
2. DEWALT DCF815S2
Do you need a driver that you can fit your bit which shank is more than the usual ¼” hex? Then, we’ve got you the power tool that can accommodate bit shank of about 1 inch. This is a product that you can maneuver with and get an accurate result. In fact, using it for countersinking is absolutely easy as it’s so compact and lightweight.
If you are one who works in sites, then this product is highly recommended as it comes with 2 Lithium Ion batteries that can last users for long. Not only that, it also comes with some fascinating packages that include belt, bag, charger, and impact ready bits.
That means, if you plan to raise capital, you can procure this to provide and raise capital for yourself as it’s fully packaged. This a product with several reviews of 4.7 stars out of 5.0 stars. This is a 12volt Dewalt tool that can be used for drilling, fastening and tightening of deck screws and bolts.
- The dimension of this product is 6.2 x 2 x 6.5 inches and it weighs 2.3pounds
- This driver is battery powered and it delivers 79-foot-pounds of torque
- This has compactness of 6-1/4” long and it’s lightweight
- Users can use it with various kinds of bits and the bits will be safe
- It has 2 variable speed rates of 0-2, 450 RPM, and 0-3,400 IPM
- The machine uses 3 LED light for users’ conveniences
- It’s cordless
3. DEWALT DCF887B
Is your pet aversion is staying where is hazy as a result of grits and dust? In other words, are you allergic to pollutions such as dust? If yes! Then we got you a product that doesn’t make noises and it gives clean and accurate precisions.
With its 3 variable speed setting, you’ll definitely be in full control of the power tool. Also, it has three load speeds that range from 0 to 3,250. Although it’s a bare tool, yet it can flawlessly work with any of the Dewalt’s 20V batteries.
In fact, if you prefer to use it with any of the Dewalt accessories, then it will perfectly work. It also has 3 LED light which helps users for apt illumination while working in clumsy regions. Of course, the grip of the machine is rubberized as to prevent slippery while holding it.
- The dimension of this product is 8 x 3 x 5.9 inches and it weighs 2pounds.
- It delivers variable speed rate of 0, 1000, 2850 and 3250.
- It’s lightweight and compact.
- It delivers high torque that makes it awesome in countersinking nails in a plate of ¼”.
- It uses brushless motors to carry out its operation and it’s cordless.
4. DEWALT DCF887D2
Use the Dewalt’s DCF887D2 model to execute large projects within a short period. The driver comes with two 2.0Ah Lithium Ion batteries that have longer run time to keep you working for a long period. This power tool charges pretty fast and delivers a large quality amount of torque and speed.
Also, the collet of the chuck is ¼”hex and it accepts bit shank of 1 inch. In fact, customers have given their reviews about the product and they’ve concluded that it’s very easy to operate. The trigger is covered with compressible rubber as to enhance users, conveniences.
Also, the performance of this driver is so eccentric with the illumination that lasts for 30 seconds after the finger is released from the trigger.
- The dimension of this product is 16.2 x 4.5 x 10.1 inches and it weighs 7.5pounds.
- The product is lightweight and compact.
- This is a 20V impact driver that is compact and lightweight.
- It’s highly affordable.
- The performance of this product is highly reliable as it delivers high torque.
- It’s durable and powerful.
5. DEWALT DCK240C2
The DCK240C2 model provides you with combo kits of a compact drill and impact driver. This development is instituted to help users to minimize their cost as they can use the compact drill to countersink a workpiece or use the impact driver to drive screws.
The combo kits are combinations of 12v and 20v MAX. They are so easy to use, and the ratcheting chucks of these power tools don’t wobble with the aid of its inimitable collects’ design. Just like any other Dewalt impact driver, they possess three LED light, and they both compact and lightweight.
Although the reliability of the impact driver and compact drill varies, nevertheless they deliver high torque. In fact, the presence of the high torque of the impact driver (especially) and compact drill make the tool to be versatile. In fact, if you need a power tool that you can use at any time for home development (DIYer) then it’s this product. As the packages you get just in one purchase will definitely help in your flexibility while working.
- The dimension and the weight of this product are not given.
- It comes with kit bag and combo kit.
- The kits are lightweight and they are easy to use in tight regions.
- The kits are cordless.
- They have nice designs.
6. DEWALT DCF885C1
Have you been facing some difficulties with the use of your impact driver lately? Then with this product, you’ll love Dewalt products. This product was produced to provide customers with absolute comfort. Come to think of lightweight, compactness, long run time, reliable charger, torque and variable speed rates then you’ll get your needs met with the use of this product.
In fact, the packages in the kit bag make the price tag worth its quality. Inside the bag, you’ll find the impact driver that has the capability to deliver the torque of 1,440 in-lbs, a charger, and a 20V MAX battery. It has the compact length of 5.5” and very portable to use.
Furthermore, it can be used for removing studs on wallboards, deck screw, lugs, and bolts. And trust me, they all charge completely with a short period but you can use it for a long period without any restrictions whatsoever.
- The dimension of this product is 5.5 x 9 x 3 inches and it weighs 2.8pounds.
- It has 3 variable speed rates of 0-3,200 Impact Per Minute.
- It comes with 1 battery, one charger, and a driver.
- It is easy to use and has durable designs.
- The product is highly reliable.
7. DEWALT DC825KA
Are you a DIYer who needs to conquer a large number of screws in a short period? Then use this “aggressive twister” with low price tags to get the job done. However, this product is not advisable for contractors to use it has it is bulky. Nevertheless, the ergonomic capability of this drive can’t be over-emphasized. Also, it’s very easy to use n tight regions.
This is the impact driver that’s cordless and the battery needs to be charged for an hour uninterruptedly and it will be used for more than two hours and thirty minutes.
It has the capability to fasten and loosen screws with dexterity and delivering optimum convenience to the user. In other words, its compactness and maneuver capability makes it easy for users to utilize this driver for any given job.
- The dimension of this product is 14.8 x 4.7 x 13.5 inches and it weighs 9.8pounds.
- This 18V MAX is a brushed cordless impact driver.
- It has 2 variable speed rates of 0-2,400 RPM/0-2,700 IPM.
- It has the capability to deliver a torque of 1,330 in-lbs.
- The packages that come with this product include 2 batteries, charger, and the impact driver.
- It has rubberized grip and its motor are changeable; this is to enhance the comfort of users while using it.
8. DEWALT DCF815B DCF815
Do you need a bare tool for either as a replacement or as a support? If your answer is positive, then you don’t have to go anywhere else as the Dewalt’s DCF815 model is the best that bare tool impact driver that anyone can use including DIYers and contractors.
The reason why it has gained prominence is of its lightweight. Of course, this doesn’t come with batteries or charger but only the impact driver which is reliable and superb for drilling also. This is a 12V MAX impact driver that has a drive size of ¼” hex.
However, it can be used for shanks of various sizes also. This impact driver is not left out in the general features that Dewalt has such as illumination, compactness and so on. It’s very easy to use.
- The dimension of this product is 7 x 2.8 x 7 inches and it weighs 1.8pounds.
- This is a bare tool that’s cordless and the grip is rubberized.
- It has compactness of 6.25 inches.
- It has versatile features.
- It has fascinating designs and it’s highly dependable.
Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Dewalt Impact Driver?
1. Know Why You Are Gunning for Impact Driver
There are several power tools that you can perfectly opt for. For example, an impact wrench is used for driving sockets which you can perfectly use for automotive. But if you need a screw driving tool that you can use to fasten or loosen screws, then you’ll need an impact driver.
It helps you to drive screws easily within a short period of time. But if you have been using impact driver before now and probably the bit shank you’re using for it is not ¼” and you’re in search of a versatile and reliable impact driver that you can use as a substitute, then it is Dewalt.
2. Make a Budget
Now if the listed situations tally with why you are here, then, you’ve to make a budget. The reason why you need to make a budget is that it helps you to discreetly opt for the best product that suits your workpiece without feeling an itch in your purse.
Of course, the manufacturer that can help you with its index of products is Dewalt. The company has several products that range in different designs and price tags that can be used by anyone.
3. Research Dewalt Power Tools
These are the procedures to adhere to as to choose any of the Dewalt power tools:
- Make your estimates before checking.
- Have a general knowledge of all the product before choosing any.
- Don’t choose one product but more than two.
- From the two or three products that you chose, scrutinize the more on the best product that will perfectly fit your work.
- Make sure that you compare the knowledge you’ve gotten with relevant customers’ reviews.
- Finally, choose the best.
4. Opt for the Best
- Now that you’ve decided to go for the best, choose the best supplier you will buy from.
- If you’re purchasing from a local supplier, then you’ve to verify if the distributor is recognized by Dewalt.
- You can check Amazon or try to contact the manufacturer’s customer service public platform where you can have more viewers.
- Know that you’ve known all that is needed about the price then order.
It is expected that you check if the product(s) that’s delivered whether it’s functional or not. If not, then you can return it has Amazon will definitely send you a replacement, and provided you purchase from the manufacturer then you’ll get replacement also. So, that’s while it’s expected buyers purchase from these platforms.
The purchase of impact driver could be awful if there is no proper preparation that’s put in place before embarking on the task. That’s why the Best Dewalt Impact Driver Review provides you with an index of products with different price tags which can fit any purchase.
We hope our amiable readers have been able to utilize these pieces of information to procure the best products. We chose products that have been tested and proven to be the best products that any potential buyer can look forward to enjoying.