Are you power tool enthusiast who keen to know/purchase the best bits that are highly dependable? Then you’re in the right place. Many impact driver users complain a lot about how cheap one bit is, but failed to know that bits are made with respect to the performance of impact drivers.
For example, a bit that is made of steel alloy may probably not be good enough for removing rivet or hard metallic surfaces. Also, the shank of bits is also a determining factor.
For example, driving bits with hexagonal shank can be changed in a jiffy. So, what are we insinuating? We intend to help our amiable readers to make the right purchase with the help of this Best Impact Driver Bits Review.
Furthermore, you can also use impact drivers for drilling, driving of sockets and fastening of screws. So, that’s why we’re providing you with necessary accessories that can easily help you to effectively use your impact driver.
However, it’s compulsory to know that there are two different types of bits and they are: insert bits and power bits. The insert bits are bits that can be used by hand users; they need bit holders when they are used for impact drivers.
The power tool, on the other hand, doesn’t need bit holders, as they can be inserted into chucks freely with ease and they won’t wobble.
The easiest way to differentiate between them is that the head is attached to the shank in the insert bits why the shank is separated from the head in power tools. Now, let’s consider the ways to impact drivers.
Top 8 Impact Driver Bits in 2018 – Reviews and Comparisons:
How to Use Impact Driver Bits?
1. Driving Bits
They are mostly found in slot/flat, Pozidrive, Torx and Philip shapes. These designs are restricted to their head shapes only. The Philip bits are identified by the pointed-key-like construction. They slot perfectly into Philip screws provided the size of the bit and the screw tally. The slot bits, on the other hand, are used for single phase screws.
These bits are majorly used for driving screws and bolts. For impact drivers, they remove screws with respect to the amount of torque that the power tool can generate. In other words, they remove screws depending on the number of torsions. Unlike drilling bits, driving bits can rotate both clockwise and anticlockwise. In other words, you can use them to tighten or loosen of bolts.
- Driving bits have shanks that one can insert into drivers in clockwise directions.
- For insert bits, it’s expected one use adapter/bit holder
- Provided you’re using a magnetic bit holder, it’s advisable to insert the holder into the chuck before fixing the bit
- Always check the firmness before using them
2. Drilling Bits
Drilling bits are absolutely the best accompaniment in the usage of impact drivers. Apart from the fact that they have pointy heads, they have lines and other variety of designs on them. Drill bits are differentiated by shapes. The major types of drill bits you’ll find are spades, auger, forstner, step drill, hole saws and specialty bits.
- They are used to reduce the lateral pressure when slotting driving bits
- They are used in making a definite shape on a workpiece.
- Step drill bit, for example, is widely used to take accurate measurements of an intend hole’s depth on workpieces
- Forstner drill bits have the capacity to make two holes at once.
- The delivers neater work than driving bits on direct work on fibers
- Please note that drill bits can’t be used for tightening or loosening of screws, if not it will strip the screw.
- Drill bits have shank size of square drives.
- Provided a bit has the same shank size with the impact driver’s collet, it can freely be slotted into the collet. For example, if the shank is ½” then it will freely into a collet size of ½” description irrespective of the drive shape.
- It’s mandatory that the bit should be checked before using them by running it before using it on workpieces.
8 Benefits of Using Impact Driver Bits:
1. Corrosion Resistant
One of the most important features that every buyer would surely one to check out when buying a product is definitely the bits susceptibility to rust. These products are made of chrome-vanadium which augments the ability of the tool to be used in all kinds of weather.
2. Fastening Retention
Most of these tools are made of magnetic on their heads, especially on driving bits. The magnet helps the bit to prevent cam-outs when driving screws. In fact, it helps newbies to carry out neat works.
The black oxide is mostly found in the listed drill bits. It helps to prevent friction while drilling through a surface. This helps users to drill very fast.
Apart from the fact that bits increase your convenience, they also make sure that your work productivity is maximized. Impact driver bits come in different sizes and shapes in form of a set to aid users’ versatility.
Bits are highly reliable at any point in time. The problem that most users encounter lies in the proper scrutiny of the bits’. Cobalt bits are mostly used for working on metals and also titanium/diamond coated bits. However, bits that are made up of steel rarely can be used for all projects, especially woods and not all metallic hardened surfaces.
All bits are constructed to be used for a long period. But the problem comes if the bits are not perfectly slotted inside the chucks. That’s why this article enjoins users to run the nits before using them on any surface.
7. Easy to Use
The bits are very easy to use provided the impact driver recommends the shank size of the bit you’re using. Of course, you can use the drill with extension with ease.
Bits are cheap. In fact, you can get sets of bits which prices are less than $10. And their prices are with respect to the metal that’s used in their constructions.
Our Picks of 8 Best Impact Driver Bit Sets:
1. Makita A-98348 50 Pc Impactx Driver Bit Set
The Makita’s products are unarguably one of the best and reliable products when it comes to power tools. Likewise is this bit set made for the conveniences of users. This set contains 50 pieces of bits which vary in sizes and shapes. Definitely this to users to be versatile at what they do.
Of course, what has been the niggling challenge of customers is the inability of bits to penetrate through screws and the quick rust of bits. However, this set of bits ensures that users can ultimately use them for as long as the metal is covered with manganese phosphate which is a good resistance to corrosion.
Also, the steel that these bits are made up of Phelps in the hard-penetrating power of the bits. The included components of this product are 32 pieces of 1 inch insert bits, 10 pieces of 2 inches power bits, 2 pieces of 3.5 inches power bits, 2 pieces of insert bit holders, 1 piece of 2 inches socket adapter, and 3 pieces of 1.75″ nut drivers. Of course, with the availability of these components, you can enjoy maximum conveniences.
- The dimension of this product is 2.5 x 10.9 x 10.9 inches and it weighs 2.1pounds.
- These bits are heat-treated and made by precision machine (not forged).
- They are made of steel.
- The bits are of different sizes and shapes.
- The price is cheap.
2. DEWALT DW2235IR 5-Piece IMPACT Driver Bit
Secure your purchase with the help of the Dewalt’s DW2235IR model as it provides you with 5 distinct pieces of bits. The reason why you should choose Dewalt bits is that they produce precision bits. In other words, the size and the shape of the bits cannot only be used for Dewalt power tools only but it can be used for any manufacturer’s product.
The set is made to help users to use the perfect bit for their chucks irrespective of their drive sizes. Each of the bits has a definite drive size that will fit the chuck you may be using.
The drive size of the bits are ¼”, 5/16”, 3/6”, 7/16” and ½”; in millimeter measurement (mm) 6.44mm, 7.9mm, 9.5mm, 11.5mm, and 12.7mm. These bits have enough strength to make them viable when using them on rust bolts. In fact, it has magnets on its bits. This helps in keeping screws into place while tightening them.
- The dimension of this product is 1 x 4 x 7 inches and it weighs 5.8 ounces.
- It can be used for both impact drivers and impact wrenches.
- The bits have the capability to maximize fastening retention and pivots to an angle of 20 degrees.
- They all possess hexagonal shank.
- They minimize shaving while working on projects.
- They are easy to use with any product.
3. DEWALT DW2153 IMPACT Driver Bit Set
The heart of every business lies in planning. Of course, that’s what outstanding experts do. However, as an Artisan, Craftsman or handyman who uses power tools to carry out most of his/her works, it’s expected to get bits that are different in sizes and shapes.
And in order to get these bits with a lot of dynamism and strength, you’ll definitely want to trust this Dewalt’s DW2153 model. The bits in this set are 32 pieces of different sizes and shapes.
What you should be expecting to seeing the storage box are: 1″ PH1, (4) 1″ PH2, (4) 1″ PR2, (1) 1″ PH3, (1) 2″ PH2, (1) 3-1/2″ PH2, (1) 1″ SQ1, (4) 1″ SQ2, (1) 1″ SQ3, (1) 2″ SQ2, (1) 3-1/2″ SQ2, (1) 1″ SL6, (2) 1″ SL8, (1) 1″ SL10, (1) 2″ SL8, (1) 3-1/2″ SL8, 1 for Each: T15, T20, T25, T30 1″ Torx bits, 1 for Each: 1/4, 5/16, 3/8″ nut drivers, and (1) magnetic bit tip holder. These bits tend to help you better in the versatility of your task.
- The dimension of this product is 9 x 1.4 x 8.8 inches and it weighs 1.2pounds
- The product is a bit set containing 32 pieces of bits with extension
- The bits have magnets on them
- The bits can be used for power tools that deliver torsions of about 20,000 in/lbs.
- The bits are coated with black oxide as to help in the apt rotation of the bits in the collets.
4. Bosch 9-Piece Impact Tough Titanium Drill Bit Set
Are you in need of durable and effective drill bit set? If your answer is yes! Then we’ve got you covered with this 9 pieces of drill bits that can pierce through any hardened surface. This is a drill that won’t disappoint you as it’s made of titanium.
Also, the bits are of different lengths but of the same strength. This product is only recommended for customers who intend to use these bits for impact power tools which have square drive size of ¼” only.
Of course, if you’re not new to the use of bits, you’ll concur to the fact that bits can be difficult to secure. But with the 9 contents measurement makes it super easy to house in any storage box (1/16″, 3/32″, 1/8″, 5/32″, 3/16″, 7/32″, 1/4″, 5/16″, and 3/8″).
- The dimension of this product is 4.8 x 0.6 x 7.8 inches and it weighs 5.2 ounces.
- The bits are coated with titanium as to help in the reduction of friction while using them.
- The bits have shank size of square drive ¼”.
- The drills are dependable for difficult tasks but not for impact drivers with excessive torque.
- They are very easy to change within a short period of time.
5. SE 7503SD 3-Piece Power Extension Bit Set
Do you want extension socket bits that can forcefully drive screw in and out in your automobiles? Perhaps you just need a dependable steel bit with definite drive sizes. Then, here are three that you can use to remove screws from snowplow and automobiles.
These power extension bits help you to use your impact driver in multi-dimensional ways. The ½”, 3/8”, and ¼” shank sizes of these 3 bits are hexagonal and they fix sturdily in chucks.
Provided you have an impact driver that delivers a torque of 1,330 in/lbs, then this is the best socket bit for you. The basic feature you should certain of is that none of these will ever fall off.
- The product’s dimension is 2 x 0.2 x 0.2 inches and it weighs 4.6 ounce
- The extension socket bits is dependable for difficult tasks
- The product comes in three variants of socket bits
- The bits have high resistant to corrosion as they are coated with chrome-vanadium
- The product is highly affordable
6. Bosch T4047 Multi-Size Screwdriver Bit Set
Make every project count in terms of quality by using the Bosch bit set that contains 47 pieces. The contents of this product consist of varieties of bits such as insert bits, finder driver, magnetic nut setters and power bits. With these bits, your work will be more fascinating and quick for delivery.
It’s so convenient to use as the users don’t face constant hassles while replacing the bits into the storage due to the fact that the storage bag has latched on the inside. Here is the list of tools that you’ll find in the storage box:
- 1″ Phillips: #1 (one), #2 (twelve), #3 (one).
- 1″ Torx: T15 (one), T20 (one), T25 (one).
- 1″ Square: R1 (one), R2 (ten), R3 (one).
- 1″ Flat: 6-8 (one), 8-10 (one), 10-12 (one).
- 2″ Phillips: #2 (six).
- 2″ Square: #2 (four).
- 2″ Flat: 8-10 (two).
- Magnetic Nut Setters 1/4″ (one), 5/16″ (one)
- Finder/Driver (one).
- The dimension of the product is 8.5 x 1.2 x 9 inches and weighs 1.2pounds
- Although it’s made of steel yet it can’t be used for hard surfaces like rust rivets. However, it can be used to remove bolts and nuts
- The bits are not vulnerable to rust
- The bits are easy to use for all DIYers but not all construction projects
- Highly dependable
7. Neiko 10075A Hex Bit Socket Set
Are you a DIYer who doesn’t want to spend much on bits but you need hexagonal bits that you can use almost all the home development project? If it’s yes! Then here comes a product that has 13-bit pieces of different sizes. These bits are well packaged in the storage bag that whenever you’re done, you sincerely don’t need to find difficulties in fixing them back to their positions.
Now let’s move the concentration from the box design, let’s discuss the bits, they’re not best for construction projects but awesome to be used for home works including cutting of Plexiglas.
It’s made from steel alloy as to ensure that it’s not susceptible to rust and they can be used for any impact driver with hexagonal chucks. In fact, they stay steady to the collet of every chuck even during torsion. And for the fact that it comes in various sizes make it unique n users versatility. Here are the sizes that you can find them:
- ¼” Drive: 5/64-inch, 3/32-inch, 1/8-inch, 5/32-inch, 3/16-inch, 7/32-inch, and 1/4-Inch
- 3/8” Drive: 9/32-inch, 5/16-inch, 3/8-inch, 7/16-inch, 1/2-Inch
- ½” Drive: 9/16-Inch
- The dimension of this product is 7.2 x 1.2 x 3.9 inches and it weighs 1.2pouunds
- It comes with a warranty
- The steel is coated with chrome-vanadium
- It’s cheap
- It’s highly dependable in any kind of weather
8. Makita T-01725 Contractor-Grade Bit Set
Makita Corporation has been one of the leading companies when it comes to the production of power tools. Now, the company intends to make your work easier and more convenient for you with the production of these bits. Of course, these bits can absolutely be used for any of the Makita’s products.
The bits are coated with black oxide to aid the easy penetration of the tool. Also, they can be used by both DIYers and contractors as they possess high tensile strength.
It doesn’t just consist driving bits alone, but drill bits, adapter, magnetic holder, an insert bits. All the bits in the content all make a total of 70 pieces accessories. In other words, if you’re an automobile repairer or a contractor, then this is what you need to carry out your day-to-day job.
- The dimension of this product is 12.5 x 2 x 9.5 inches and it weighs 1.95pounds
- The bits are made to cover all the basic wants of impact driver users
- These magnetic bits helps in the retention of screws during usage
- They are not vulnerable to rust
- Highly dependable
Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Impact Driver Bits?
1. Garner Information on Power Tools
Provided you’re a nominal buyer then this may probably not be for you. However, if you’re a new buyer then it’s mandatory to utilize this information for proper purchase. It’s paramount to understand that bits are made with respect to suit specific tasks.
In other words, the constructions of bits in terms of coating and constituents determine what tasks such bit can be used for. Furthermore, Impact drivers have torque limits and it’s better for users to have the knowledge also before ordering for bits, how?
Provided you intend to use drill bits which has ½” shank size, it will affect the torsion of your power tool. The reason is that ½” is best for 500RPM, or else it can mar the shank and your workpiece. If you need a bit that is best for 10,000 RMP, then it is better you opt for either 3/8” or 1/8”. Of course, you sincerely don’t need high torque when drilling, and that’s why ½” is highly recommended.
2. Buy Both Drill Bits and Driving Bits
It is essential to get set of bits that consist of driving bits and drilling bits. The reason is that it helps on to carry out accurate precisions. In fact, we’re not only recommending a specific type of bit in term of shapes and sizes but all that you can lay your hands on. This is to help you to always be on deck at any period.
3. Research the Best Product
While looking out for products that are best for your work, here are what you should watch out for.
- Check for relevancies in terms of features and reviews
- Try to find out what the bits are made up of especially the metal used
- Check if it will work perfectly well for your project
- Know the best means you can purchase them
4. Make a Budget
Budget surely helps one to economize cost rates but that shouldn’t make you purchase the less effective products. This information has done absolutely well by lining out qualities that any type of bit must possess before they can be used for any project.
So, you can utilize the information to discreetly choose the features you’re to look out for when choosing your bits. And once you’ve done that check also our listed product to know the product that will definitely suit both your project and budget.
Here are the tips that will help you to make the right purchase.
- Select your most promising products after you had researched
- Procure it on Amazon or via the manufacturer
- Ensure you check it whenever it’s delivered
- Don’t forget to choose products that give you security (warranty).
The Best impact Driver Bits review impugns buyers, both nominal and potential buyers to opt for the best product. Of course, surfing online can be daunting and time-consuming, but our selected list of sets are highly reliable.
The information given on this platform is highly reliable as it helps in augmenting the quality and the productivity of power tools users.
In fact, this enlightens buyer on the features they are to look out for, both as a DIYer and a contractor. We hope that our amiable readers won’t only attain the climax of their profession but also leverage on this information to enhance their expertise.